Play Now!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rules for reporting bugs and glitches

Site Owner

Default Rules for reporting bugs and glitches

Updates:

Current bugs that need to be fixed
    (most important to least imortant)

Please report any bugs or glitches you find in the game here. If you find a bug or glitch in the RPG that could allow someone to cheat, DO NO EXPLOIT IT! Report it immediately to an Admin or Game Master! Anyone caught exploiting the RPG will be banned from the RPG PERMANENTLY! Minor bugs however, can be posted here.

Examples of bugs/glitches to report here:
    • Parse errors
      -Parse errors usually show up at the top of the page where the error occurred.
      Ex: Parse error: parse error, unexpected '[' in /home/rpgpala/public_html/rpg/equip.php(156) : eval()'d code on line 9
      They are errors in the PHP coding. One tiny mistake in the coding will usually render the skill or item useless. Paste the error in your post if you can and tell where you were when you got it and what item or command you used.
    • Skills not working right (healing/damaging wrong character etc)
    • Items not working right
    • Typos
    • Missing locations or locations that get you stuck
    • Shops taking more money than they should or not giving items you bought
    • Inns not healing your characters
    • Not gaining exp or gold after winning a battle.

Examples of bugs/glitches you SHOULD NOT report here:
    (Report them immediately to an Admin or GM via IM or PM to prevent other people from using them to cheat.)
    • Skills not taking MP.
    • Items not disappearing after you use them.
    • Shops not taking money or taking less than they should
    • Inns not taking money but still healing your characters
    • Items that can be sold for MORE than they cost to buy.
      -This would allow someone to make millions of gold by repeatedly buying and selling the item. We will investigate ANYONE who has excessive amounts of gold or expensive items and delete their gold and inventory if we find it is not legit, so don't try to exploit this if you find it. REPORT IT PEOPLE!
    Last edited by AllenSam; 01-12-2019 at 03:29 AM.

ummm, for some reason i am the only one that cannot open treasure chest, i dont know why but if possible i would like it to be fixed.

Site Owner

Indigo is working on a trigger manager for the admins so I can switch them on and off and figure what's causing this.

Production Analyst

The trigger manager is done now, we will try and fix these Treasure Chest issues as quickly as possible.

Legendary Rogue Dynasty Hero Testament's Avatar

Status drop box in the rde is having a glitch of some sort...everytime a status effect appears for a character in battle, the characters below the one in battle have the same status on the RDE home/character viewing....

Killing Him Is The Reason For MY EXISTENCE!!!

Site Owner

Hmmm, I don't know what's causing that. It doesn't actually put the statuses on the other chars though, so it's nothing to worry about for now. I'll check it out later.

Also, I reset all the triggers so the treasure chest thing should be fixed.

found a bug with the inventory. i have double of everything. so like i have 10 healing potion, but instead of showing up just once, i have 2 set 10 healing potion. so you could sell it twice to get double the money that your suppose to have.

and you could take 2000 gill away from my account, i only had one round shield and i just tried selling both to see if it would work and it did. so i got 4000 when i actually only have one 1 round shield in my inventory

Production Analyst

Alright, we are checking it right now. Sorry about that.

Production Analyst

The bug is fixed, but users will have an extra Item that is blank. Hopefully this can be fixed as well. Sorry for all the confusion.

It's necessary to change ALL mods that have links that show images (ex: summons) since they are being taken from RPGP's images, I'm changing the Guardians, if I finish all in time I make the summons, but I'm not sure if there's more to change.