Play Now!

Thread: Unable to create new Characters

Default Unable to create new Characters

On the home page, it does not give me the option to create new characters. Nor are my old ones here. But more worried about not being able to create new characters.

Strange when I got back I had all my characters and the option to make new. So it might be something on your account side? I know it sounds dumb but try making a new account to just see if you still have the issue that way it's easier to tell if it the account or something actually not working properly.

Site Owner

I'll check the database and see what your character count is. Maybe it thinks you have max characters for some reason. I still don't know how your characters are gone.

Production Analyst

Gungnir, I've created a dead character for you. Try and bury it, then see if you can create a new one.

Site Owner

Ok, I finally got a chance to check and it was definitely some kind of database error. It says you had 65,534 characters LOL. No idea how that happened...

65kchars.jpg

I set it back to 1 to count for the character that Carnage made for you. Let me know if you still can't see the New Character button. I have no idea what happened to your old characters, but it looks like we will be resetting all the characters anyway. If you had any custom sprites on your old characters, let me know and I'll let you use them for the new ones.

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

I'm not sure if this is related but just attempted to create a new character and. I am restricted to only 1 career (Warrior)

Site Owner

Shinigami, what race and gender did you choose? You should have the 8 Tier 1 classes to choose from but it also depends on the race and gender you select. Some races can't use some classes.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 01-14-2019 at 10:30 PM.

Evil Shall with Evil Be Expelled ShinigamiKnight's Avatar

Ahh yeah I had used Dragon as the race. Picked Human and the normal classes are available
    Still getting the hang of the new system so just a matter of playing with it lol

Site Owner

Oops, Dragon shouldn't even have been available. It's one of the hidden races. I forgot to set it to forum level 99.