Play Now!

Thread: Possible Downtime in April

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Site Owner

Default Possible Downtime in April

Hello all,

I have been informed that my host server is upgrading this server to PHP 7 and discontinuing PHP5, starting in April. This site runs on PHP5 and I could upgrade to vBulletin 5 which is compatible with PHP7, but the RDE still would not be compatible without rewriting most of the code.

I contacted the customer service about it and they told me I could upgrade my hosting package to one that still supports PHP5. It sounds like a ploy to get me to pay more money, but I have no choice if I want to keep Rogue Dynasty going. They said if I upgrade my package, we will be moved to a different server so everything will have to be transferred over. I'm not sure how big of a process it will be but the site may be down for a while until everything is transferred and working again.

I will make a backup of everything before April 1st so the data will be safe when they flip the switch and break the site. Then I will upgrade my hosting package and get everything moved over as fast as I can. Please bear with me and keep the site bookmarked and check back often! We will be back!

Thanks for your support.
    Last edited by AllenSam; 03-28-2019 at 11:42 AM.