Play Now!

Thread: Blockchain Gaming

Site Owner

Default Blockchain Gaming

What do you guys think of blockchain gaming? An interesting one I was looking at is My Neighbor Alice.

https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/myneighboralice/

It's an animal crossing like game that uses the ALICE token as in game currency and it can be earned by completing quests and such. The token is currently trading at $7.

I think it would be cool to make Rogue Dynasty a blockchain game in the future and make RogueCoin (ROG). Instead of gold, you would use ROG in game as money and it could also be traded as a cryptocurrency in the real world. It could have a limited supply and when players purchase items or services in game, the tokens are burned. ALICE also makes use of NFT's, so for example, there could a rare item that can only be obtained in a very limited quantity and each one would be an NFT that could be traded on the blockchain between players if they want to buy or sell the item.

The only concern is that it could make the game seem very much pay-to-win because players could just go buy ROG on an exchange then buy whatever they need in the game. But doing this would burn the tokens and lower the total supply. The only way to 'mine' the tokens would be to play the game and earn them in the game. I think many players would prefer to earn them for free in the game instead of buying them from others.

Production Analyst

That's an interesting idea. I really like it and think it could work with the style our game is.