Play Now!

Thread: Disgaea Series

Default Disgaea Series

Right now, there are two of Disgaea games out in North America: Hour of Darkness and Cursed Memories. I believe a third is scheduled to come out in the middle of September, but I can't remember what it's called.

I have restarted my Hour of Darkness game fairly recently. I have made it to the second stage in the Sea of Gehenna. In my party, I have only one created character, a cleric. Laharl is my highest level at 65. The cleric is second highest at level 36. I am on the verge of transmigrating Laharl back to level one as a genius. Before I do, I would like to get my cleric to level 100 so that I can transmigrate him into a genius savior, but I can't find a fast way of leveling up. I know how to use invincible geo symbols and throwing techniques to make higher level enemies in stages like Jotunheim's Terrible Cold and the Sea of Gehenna's fervent melody. I also have a level 300 statistician in one of my weapons so that I get a 300% experience point boost. Does anyone know of any good tips for speeding up the leveling process further?

I have beat this game before, but I haven't done everything that I wanted to in the game.
    "Strength without determination means nothing. Determination without strength is equally useless."
    --Godo, Final Fantasy VII

i only played the one on the psp for a short time, like to the first dungeon. it seems like a good game, but there were just other games that i wanted to play first. so i haven't been able to come back to it yet. but since its summer, i should have more time to play game so i should be done with the other games and i could come back to it.

strategy games isn't really my thing, but i play it when theres nothing else. the character seems pretty interesting and ive heard a lot of good things about this game too. so ill definitely give it a shot when i have more time

I've never actually heard of a Disgaea game for PSP. What is the actual name?

Oh, and adding to my previous post, I found a way to increase experience a little bit more. I used the stronger enemies and triple experience proposals in the senate. The first makes enemies stronger but also causes them to give more experience when killed. The triple experience provides a noticeable boost. This works fairly well with the invincibility geo panel throwing technique (ask if you want to know what the heck I'm talking about) and the level 300 statistician. This still isn't too much for me to be thrilled about because these will lose their potency sooner or later so I'm still looking for alternate solutions.
    "Strength without determination means nothing. Determination without strength is equally useless."
    --Godo, Final Fantasy VII

the one for the psp is actually a port of the first game on the ps2. but there are added thing in the psp version. not too sure whats the differences are becasue i haven't played the ps2 version

I have played both Disgaea 1 and Disgaea 2 for Ps2 and I really loved both.I didn't finish any of them and I don't know how people get to level up so high, at the point of getting on level 9999, specially in Disgaea 1, where I can't even level up fast as I do on the second game.I'm almost beating the second game and on the first I'm on the chapter you have to fight that old knight (I forgot his name XD)